Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Root Canal

Well, today I got a much needed root canal.  Man was I terrified.  I'm kind of pooped now. 
When we got to the dentist office, we were told...after waiting forever in the waiting room and on the doctor...he told me that my Medi-cal doesn't cover anything but extractions since July 2009.  What the hell!  And it wouldn't of mattered anyway, because anything they want to do they have to run by the medi-cal office first to see if they are allowed to.  That is what they are doing with my wisdom teeth right now.  Once they find out they are going to call me.  But for the root canal....that costs $1200....we got something called Care Credit.  It's a credit card that's only for medical stuff (dentist, doctors, and even vet).  I got approved for $1500, so it was the perfect amount.  Once I pay that off, I can get my second root canal done. 
Man was it scary!  I had to do it alone, since Matt had to work.  I tried not looking at his needles and tools, but it was very hard.  After the topical numbing thingy, I think he gave me a shot in the hole in my tooth (that or my gums) and it pinched a little, but wasn't bad.  I more felt the stuff come out of it than the actual needle.  Than he did something else, and THAN I got a needle in the roof of my mouth.  That one I felt, and it sucked big time.
It took longer than I think it was supposed to, but my dentist was a perfectionist, which is good for me I guess.  I have to go back in about 2 weeks for my crown.  Right now it looks like some brick thingy is in my mouth, and it feels really weird.
And I want to thank Odette for taking care of me.  I was quite embarrased, but happy at the same time.  She took me to her house and got me all set up to relax after my "ordeal" hehe
Well, now I've been through one of my biggest fears ever....so now I'm tired  Goodnight


~Hyuu!

No comments:

Post a Comment