Friday, January 22, 2010

Rain Rain and more Rain....

Well, it is Friday, and it is still raining.  It's been raining since Monday, or even longer, I'm starting to forget.  Never thought I'd here of tornadoes in California.  I was getting dressed after my shower, and on the news, they had breaking news.  I sat down to see what it was about, and it was a dog stuck in the overflowed river.  It looked like a German Shepard to me.  They said the water is really cold, and that he had been in there for about an hour and a half.  The dog was terrified, and you could really tell.  When the rescue team tried to walk toward him, it started to run/swim away.  They kind of used a helicoptor to scare him to the edge, but the edge was too steep for him to climb up.  He sure tried though.  So they suspended a man from the helicoptor.  The minute he hit the water, he ran the best he could toward the dog.  He grabbed the dog.  The dog did bite him, which I would expect.  He grabbed the dog under the belly the best he could and grabbed his collar.  Than the helicoptor pulled them up and flew them to the bridge where they lowered them down and about 4 firefighters helped hold him down and I'm sure put a mussle on him.  This part kind of surprised me....after that, a firefighter picked him up and they put him in an ambulance.  I don't think I've ever seen that before.  I thought they'd put him in like a dog catcher truck.   Some people think that they wouldn't risk it because of the fear of being bit, but if it was me, I wouldn't really care.  I remember going after Rascal when he'd get out.  When I finally got to grab him or jump on him, he would always bite me and I didn't care at all.  I'm sure it's the adrenaline (spelling) pumping.  But of course, I'm an animal lover haha.  The news also said that people have been emailing them asking why the firefighters would spend the resources to rescue a dog.  All they said to respond was "to rescue the dog" haha.  They also said "also, so good samaritans won't jump in and make it more complicated." Which makes sense.  But it bothers me when people look at pets as something not important.  They may not act like a human and rely more on instints (and possibly bite for protection) but I don't think that people are necessarily more important.  If anything, animals show more, true love than humans.  They also don't lie or cheat, things like that.  I know not everyone thinks the same as I do, but I can't believe people think it's ok to let a dog drown in a river because it's not a person.  Well anyway....going to go do some laundry. 

-Hyuu!

No comments:

Post a Comment