Friday, June 26, 2009

Transformers and The Last Airbender


I couldn't wait any longer....I had to see Transformers and...it was AWESOME! I love me some Bumble Bee, and Optimus Prime is a close second. I kind of laughed when I saw Shia's hand wrapped up though, but it was kind of clever how they added it in. Also, I think they should of shown a lot more of the robots themselves, but it was still awesome haha. I already want to go see it again.
Ok...now it's time for my little rant. I warn you to look away now...most probably won't even understand what I'm talking about haha. Where do I start? There is a cartoon on Nick that is an anime (japanese style drawing) and it's awesome! It's called Avatar:The Last Airbender. They are making it into a live action movie. Ya the movie will suck compared to the cartoon, they always do. I can already tell it'll suck a little just cause they did the arrow wrong! It's not blue or solid (you'll see what I mean). But I'd see it just to see how they'd do the special effects alone. The airbending already looks awesome, as do the firenation ships and the air temple. Now the thing that is making me mad. People are already whining about race. No matter what race the people in the movie are people will be mad, that's just the way it is. I don't even know why I read the comments for things because a lot of times they just make me mad haha. Expecially when it's something that you can just look at and see. It makes me want to take some people, tie them to a chair, hold their eyes open and say "look at the picture! GEES!" haha. People assume, that since they do different types of "kung fu", you'd say, in the show and because it's drawn to be an anime (and the people did use japanese writing on the "wanted posters") that that means that all the characters are Asian. One, it wasn't started in Japan or any other Asian country. Some very nerdy (very white) guys started it. It started on Nick and ended on Nick. If people saw it in different countries, it was translated so, not the other way around like it usually is. But even if it was.....the characters are drawn WHITE! It's a cartoon, they could of colored them any color they wanted. If they were meant to look asian they very easily could of busted out a colored pencil or something and shaded in where they colored "peach." And in this show, they are in a completely different world. There is no US or Japan...it's Air, Water, Fire, and Earth haha. And I know they could of colored them to look Asian (and that not all the characters are supposed to be Asian) because the "water tribe" people are darker skinned because they are supposed to be more like "eskimos!" Funny thing though....when I watched the trailer...the kid playing Aang (the main guy) looked Asian to me, maybe I was mistaken. But like I said, no matter who plays him, people aren't going to be happy. I honestly think they should of gotten the people who play their voices to play the roles, because ironicly they all pretty much looked like the voice they played haha.

See! I think he looks pretty white to me (best pictures I could find) I <3 Aang

Ok...I know that didn't really have a point...but it was frustrating me and I had to let it out at someone (and Matt gets mad when I ramble off to him about weird stuff haha). I just wish people would stop looking for a reason to make people (like me haha) heated and defend the truth! Not everything has racism in it! haha.

Well.....peace!


~Hyuu

1 comment:

  1. I think thats how I did it the first time. I'll try it again, but tomorrow, I'm going to bed now.

    ReplyDelete