Monday, September 12, 2011

Today (yesterday) is

Arina's Birthday!!
Happy Birthday little girl.  You are a doll!

Also Yesterday was 9/11.  I remember where I was when I heard the news.  I was in 7th grade health class.  Our teacher let us watch the tv.  At first I was thinking "what kind of dumb pilot flies into a plan?" Than when I was explained the situation my mindset totally changed.  That night I cried to my mom saying that I didn't want to die.  When I pictured war in my head I pictured my death pretty much.  Yesterday morning I watched the documentary that Lifetime/A&E/History channel all aired at the same time.  It was clips of footage that random people just happened to capture.  It was really good. 
I can't even imagine being someone in one of those planes or in one of the buildings.  That had to be so scary.  And for the firefighters to run into those buildings just shows me how brave and selfless you have to be to be one of those men. 
I also can't imagine knowing someone in those situations.  The fear of the unknown is so scary.  The heartbreak so painful.  In the words of Philip DeFranco - ...someone called their loved one see if they were alright, and no one answered....
I have a new item on my bucket list: Visit the 9/11 memorial site.
God Bless



~hyuu!

No comments:

Post a Comment