Friday, September 16, 2011

9 month checkup

Today Hailey had to go in for her 9 month check up - 19lbs 26inches (I think).  We didn't really talk to the doctor too much, but she said everything was good/normal.  Than we were sent over to the lab for some blood work.  She said they do it for all their patients, but Kim said none of her girls have ever had it done.  I think it was to test Iron and cell blood count.  It was sad because the lady couldn't find a vein.  I guess she was "fish hooking it" (I think that's what I heard Matt call it) which I guess your not supposed to do.  I'm glad Matt held her though.  It would be hard to hold her down to get poked :(  It was sad though because she kept looking at me like "why don't you stop her??" 
She did have fun hanging out in the waiting rooms though.  Seeing the other kids and tons of people, and tons of things to walk across and bang on.  I had forgotten her shoes (since she almost never wears them) so her feet are pretty dirty now.  Probably the dirtiest they've ever been - minus when she got her footprints done haha.
The little stinker is pretty close to walking.  She stands against everything, and walks across whatever she can.  Sometimes she can find her balance and stand.  When she does she tries to take a step and usually ends up on her bum.  The other day she stood for so long it was crazy!  She seems so small to me yet so big at the same time.  Ok Hailey you can stop growing at any time now ;)




~hyuu!

1 comment: