Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Labor Woes

Well, the night before last, I was up since midnight with pain.  As 6 rolled around, Matt timed them to be about 4-5 minutes apart.  I didn't want to go to the hospital, but Matt said we should...so we did.  What a mistake!  First, they didn't call my doctor because they "weren't sure if he was back from vacation yet." so they just had the doctor on call come (so I have now seen 3 of the 4 doctors in that practice).  Besides the fact that it took about 3 or more hours for him to come by, him and the nurse said I was only a 1.  He said that since I am already 4 days over due they were going to start me because there was no reason to wait.  But he came in to break my water...fiddled around, said he couldn't feel the head (the other 2 I had seen had no problems with that), said he couldn't break my water. Than he ordered an ultrasound.  We waited another hour, that like 30 min for the tech to do her thing...who didn't say a word pretty much the entire time(other than the head is down...stupid doctor)...than left.  So after another half hour, a different nurse came in.  She said she was just helping out our original nurse and didn't know anything about our case, but she heard they were going to give me some pain medicine than send me home...what the hell!?  We never saw our original nurse again (or the dr, but that's not a surprise).  We waited 2 hours for some shot that was supposed to be pain medicine.  After I finally got it, she said I had to wait an hour after an injection before I could go home.  The shot helped a little, and made me sleepy(which she said it would).  She said we should remake our doctors appointment for that day, since we had to cancel our original one since we were there.  Matt made the appointment and than we left.  The shot like wore off..well minus the sleepiness (man I was tired).  My doctor was back, and had been in the office all day, so why they didn't check or call him I have no idea.  I guess because I was in the hospital, I got put on their baby monitor for like a half hour.  I had this little button I had to push everytime I felt the baby move (which was kind of hard because I was falling asleep on the counter).  The nurse "woke the baby up" by putting this vibrating thing on my stomach...which worked haha, we even had to move the heart thing a couple of times because she kept rolling over.  My doctor finally came in...and had no idea about us going to the hospital or anything we had done that day (you'd think they'd communicate a little better...expecially when the office and hospital are within walking distance).  He said I was about a 2.  He also said that I can't go in an be induced until Friday because they're full...but if I started getting really strong contractrions that theyd have to let me in anyway, so to go walk a lot, like a mile and a half a day (I think he wants things going...he even seemed like he'd let me have a c-section if I wanted...nooo thanks).  I have another appointement and ultrasound on Friday if I'm not delievered by than.  But it was just so weird...if the pain meds worked how was I supposed to know when they got stronger if I couldn't feel them?  So now I get to sit here for days with random contractions (which aren't as close together anymore but way longer than they were), until I think they'd let me stay...which who knows when they consider it ok (maybe when the head is hanging out).  But why would he decide to start me than not?  He never said why, so I guess we'll never know.  And now I'm going to be paranoid about going back.  I'll probably sit home for as long as possible being afraid they'd still send me away.  Horrible day to say the least.


~hyuu!

No comments:

Post a Comment