Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hailey Nicole Rioux

On Sunday at 5:21PM, Hailey Nicole Rioux came into the world at 7lbs 8ozs and 21inches long. 

It was truly an interesting couple of days.  As I had said earlier, I had gone to the hospital once and they sent me home, so after that I was paranoid to go back.  After going to the doctor, we walked around the mall...well tried.  I couldn't anymore, I was in pain that I assumed was from my exam.  That night, I didn't get one wink of sleep because I was in so much pain.  I was having contractions, but when I'd get up they'd pretty much go away, and that is a sign of false labor, so I refused to go in.  They never went away and the next night as I was laying on the couch I was in so much pain.  Finally I said I couldn't take another painful, sleepless night.  We called the doctor and asked if we should go in (that way if I got sent home I wouldn't feel as stupid haha) he said to come in, so at about 11 Saturday night we headed to the hospital.  They checked me and I was at a 4.  I was afraid they'd send me home again because we had been walking around so I hadn't gotten a contraction in a while.  But they came in and hooked me up to an iv, so I knew I was staying.  All night, and into the morning I made no progress.  They hooked me up to pitocin (spelling), but a very small dose.  I was having a lot of pain so they gave me some medicine through my iv that did nothing but make me tired (same shot I had gotten before).  So I finally asked for the epidural (hoping they'd give it to me at a 4).  I had heard that they can slow down your progress, but after I got it and was free of pain (and laughing with Matt over my legs sliding off each other) in about 2 hours I went from that stupid 4 to an 8! I was so surprised.  After that it all went pretty fast.  I pushed for about an hour an 5 minutes and she was out.  I tore a little, plus the doctor cut me, so I have stitches...but it was worth it. 

Now we are home with a baby who sleeps at night (for now!).  She's quite alert and has a very dainty sounding cry haha.  Everyone tells us she looks like Matt (her birth size was exactly the same as his)
Well, time to go gather trash for trash day (super fun)


~Hyuu!

2 comments:

  1. Wow a sleeping baby! Lets hope that lasts! I need to send you some stuff, Ray's mom bought you a gift. Email me your address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous of her sleeping at night!! Thanks for letting me know how everything went. I am glad that the last part went easily... well as easy as child birth can be!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete