Friday, May 4, 2012

Mountain Lion?

This morning I had a scare.  Mia never barks unless there is something in the yard.  This morning at about 5AM I woke up to some barking.  At first I was like "that's weird barking, is that Mia?" (I'm used to Matt's mom's dogs barking all night).  Than I realized it was Mia and was up in an instant.  Matt was at work, so I had to do it.  I scrambled to find my shoes, turn on a light in the house, find the flashlight, and unlock the door.
When I got outside, I couldn't see anything.  She was in the far end of the yard barking toward the neighbors.  They have a ton of empty space with tall grass.  I couldn't find anything.  Than as my flashlight passed part of the fence, it caught some glowing eyes staring at me.  Last time we had glowing eyes like that close to the ground in high grass it was the mountain lion, so I immediatly made Mia get in the house.  I looked some more but couldn't tell for sure.  So I locked Mia in the house for the rest of the night.
Now, I'm not saying it was for sure a mountain lion, but I think the chances were pretty good.  It's been spotted up here quite a bit (enough to have a sign at the bottom of the hill saying its here) and it's been like that near our yard before.  I sweat I saw it once in the day too walking toward Matt's mom's house. 
If it was, it could have easily jumped over the low chain link fence seperating it and Mia.  That may have been it's intention.  Mia is small as huskies go, and it was low in the grass.  If it was, than that's the second time within a month and a half I could of lost my dog.  Man, I can't wait to move!


~hyuu!

No comments:

Post a Comment