Sunday, March 4, 2012

Your Body

Hello.  I just wanted to talk a little about body image but I don't even know where to start.  I just watched a video on YouTube on a channel I love called TheMomsView (I'll put a link at the end of the post).  It was talking about loving yourself for who you are and treating your body right and getting a mindset of confidence.  I really loved the message and I agree with what they said.
But, it is hard.  Trust me, I know that all too well.  I feel like I have a person in my head telling me how crappy I am.  If I get any confidence built up, I feel like it just gets pushed out by bad thoughts.  How do I change this?  I don't know.  I wish I knew.
They make a good point in the video where they say if you get down on yourself, than you will probably always get down on yourself no matter how much weight you lose.  The thing that sucks is that there is no magic answer (even though I really wish there was).   Everyone I hear says if you excerise and eat right you feel so much better.  It's that first jump off...the first week, or even month, of making the big changes that is hard.  That's my biggest hurdle.  I don't know how I'd feel if I changed because I have yet to get over that hurdle even once.  But I really want to...especially now that I have Hailey.  Not only do I want to be fit so I can play with her without getting tired, but I want her to grow up with a better role model than what I am at now.
My confidence has always been low.  I think that's why I seemed to push away any friends I had.  I don't know.  I think I want to set a new goal.  I want to change before I see old friends and family again.  It's too late to get too much done before I see my parents again.  But we're hoping to go to Utah for the 24th of July again this year (of course not set in stone yet, but working on it).  And I want to meet up with old friends and go to the family party and have confidence and like the way I look.  I want to not worry what people may or may not be saying about me.  I want to get in the pool without hiding in a towel as much as possible and hiding in the corner.
It is going to be really hard.  Confidence has always been one of my (if not the weakest) weakest points.  So if you have any advice let me know. :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMomsView



~hyuu!

No comments:

Post a Comment