Monday, November 21, 2011

Mia

It's been quite a while since I posted about my beautiful doggie.
Mia is one of the best dogs I've ever had!  She listens....most of the time.  She potties outside, she cuddles, doesn't bark, and is an ace pest catcher!
Of course, she does have her flaws.  She has the runs a lot (a husky stomach problem), she's a runner and will go if she has the chance (even though she does come back). 
When we first saw her she was one of 3 girl, all white puppies.  Originally I had wanted a black and white, but I didn't want a male dog.  When we saw her I melted.  She had the prettiest blue eyes and a spotted nose.  She wasn't as puffy as her sister, but wasn't as flat coated as her other sister.  And shes ran around and played in the long grass.  I had to have her.  She was actually a pretty good value (seems funny talking about a dog haha).  The lady gave us like, $100 off since Matt was giving her to me as a 'wedding gift'.  We paid about $500...I'd have to ask Matt to be sure.  But that's pretty cheap for a purebred AKC registered parents (who were both there for us to see) Siberian.  If you look at petshops....which I would never buy from...they go for $800-$1000.  We also got a small bag of dog food so we could switch her to our own brand.  She had dewclaws removed, first set of shots, a bath, and a collar of our choice.
She was potty trained in a week.  And at one point we could let her outside at night and she'd potty and come back in.  Than we left her for about 3 weeks when we got married.  Dogs are pack animals, and since she was still young she picked up habits from Matt's mom's dogs that aren't exactly the best.  That and she had seperation anxiety.  If we'd leave her alone in the house she'd chew things up, but she didn't if we left her with other dogs.  Bad part...she likes to dig after animals :(
Once we put in the doggy door she began to be fine at home.  She loves being out side and keeping any kind of critters out of our yard.  Luckly she seems to know the difference between regular snakes and rattlesnakes.  We know there is something in our yard when she barks, since she never does.  She has also killed many a mouse.  That I am soo greatful for.  She just caught one last night :)
She also 'talks'  and when she does Hailey tries to copy her.  It's so cute!  Hailey also loves to try to get Mia to lick her feet, which she does sometimes.  Mia also isn't that much of a licker, which some people like.  The shedding I could live without though....haha
Moral of the story...I love my puppy! <3

 



~hyuu!

No comments:

Post a Comment