Sunday, October 13, 2013

Potty Trouble

Hello There
I need some mommy advice!
Hailey won't go on the potty!  I'll be honest, I could be more on top of it from the mommy side, but that doesn't matter with the fact that she just flat out refuses to sit on it.
She used to go on the potty every once in a while, she would at least sit on it.  Now she won't even sit on it to attempt. 
She usually wakes up dry and I try to get her on and she just won't.  The other day she screamed at me and acted like she was afraid.  I don't want to force her when she's afraid of it so as to not make her even more afraid of it or have her associate it with punishment.  Ya know?
I've put her just in underwear before thinking maybe she wouldn't like having an accident in them, but she didn't seem to care.
She gets rewards that she likes and that she only gets from going yet that still doesn't motivate her.  We've told her she can sign up for a class (like a dance class or tot sport) or that she can't go to school until she learns to use it.  She says ok and she wants to do that stuff but she still won't.
I'm at a loss.  I don't know how to make her want to go.  Everyone says she will when she's ready, but I'd love to know why she acts afraid of it.
She is in pull up, and she does have undies, but we bought them to potty train her before her growth spurt so they're getting too small already.  Help! It's time for her to be potty trained haha
 
 
 
~hyuu!

No comments:

Post a Comment