Thursday, October 10, 2013

2 months

Brooklyn is now two months old.  How did it come up so fast?
And with two months comes the two month check up and shots.  Hailey wanted to come and hold her hand (aww) and I was glad to bring her because I also wanted to see how she liked this doctor because we are thinking of switching Hailey to her too.
She had to get 5 shots! It was so sad.  Of course she cried and looks at you like "why are you letting them poke me?!"  Hailey didn't like watching it either.  She was surprisingly uncomfortable.
Baby B still looks tiny, but she is indeed gaining weight.  She's just so long that she looks thinner.  I think she may end up being taller then Hailey.  It's cold today so I put her in this long onsie jumper thing that was Hailey's and it is almost too short for her.
She is 23 inches long and 11lbs.  She is also very strong.  She is constantly holding up her head or trying to get you to have her sitting up. Also, she loves to stand! If I try to hold her in a sitting position she straightens her legs to try to stand.  And when you do stand her, she is sooo happy.
Sleeping through the night? Yup, she's still doing good at that.  Feeding well?  Well, she's ok.  She's not as good an eater as Hailey was, but she could be worse.  Talking?  More and more.  She has a love/hate relationship with this thing we hang over the swing.  She'll talk and coo at it for a while, then she'll start to whine and cry at it until I take it down haha.  So silly.
 
How is Hailey doing?  She's good.  Right now we're having a conflict between when she wants to be a baby and when she wants to be a big girl.  She always wants me to carry her down the stairs and she refuses to go on the potty.  I honestly think she would get it completely if she was willing.  I don't really want to force her to sit on there when she hates it so much because I don't want her to grow to hate it more or think of it as a punishment.  I also need to start weaning her off her binky.  I haven't because Brooklyn uses a binky and I didn't want to ambush her with a new baby and then take her comfort item away (especially when that new baby gets one).  I think I'm going to start with taking it away when she's not sleeping.  Then once she accepts that then away at night too.
But the potty training has me in a hard spot.  I don't know what to do about it.  You hear so much advice and tips/tricks, but I'm still at a loss.  She just flat out doesn't want to....and I think it's a holding on to being a baby thing.  I guess I'll just have to keep talking to her and waiting for her to accept that she's not one anymore.
 
How are Mom and Dad?  Well.....stressed.  Work is hard to find.  I swear I look every day.  The good jobs are usually the hidden ones or the ones you need to know someone to get.  We just don't know anyone haha.
I'm so sick of this barn.  Yes, it's decent for what it is, but it's becoming increasingly crowded.  I can't even imagine Christmas and Hailey's birthday *shiver*.  We're going to drown!  Add on the dirty dirt dirt dirt! Especially with rainy season coming.  We just got a (free) new couch and muddy shoes and paws are sure to find it.  Also, it ain't easy doing laundry with two little kids you have to tug around with you (ESPECIALLY if it's rained haha).  I strap the baby to me in one of those pouches, but they aren't a cure all.  It's still hard to lean down to get the clothes out of the washer or dryer without either hitting her head or dumping her out.
 
Oh well, we'll keep looking and keep keeping on. *wink*
 
 
~hyuu

No comments:

Post a Comment