Monday, September 9, 2013

One Month

Today Brooklyn is one month old!
She still seems just as small to me as she did when she was born.  People tell me she's fattening up a bit, but I don't see it.  I know it's because I'm always with her, but man she still seems so thin and tiny.
I'm not going to lie, the first of the month was really hard for me.  Baby blues are killer.  I had them last time, but they were just different this time.  I had (still a little sometimes) a bad case of "mom guilt" bringing this little person into Hailey's world where she was queen.  And, I'll admit, the bond with Brooklyn wasn't as instant as it was with Hailey.  I just felt yucky all around.
I still sometimes get my anxiety attacks, and I'm hoping they'll go away in the normal length of time.  If not, I guess I'll have to ask my doctor.  But it's not near as bad as it was.
Brooklyn isn't a very good eater, which is a little frustrating, especially because Hailey was such a good eater.  I'm still waiting for her to be able to go for 4 hours instead of the 3 right now.  But I get the feeling I'm not helping because I like to be on a schedule because I'm OCD sometimes haha and when she switched between 3 and 4 hours in the day it knocks me out of balance.  But I guess I should let her stretch if she's willing so she doesn't just get used to 3 hours even if she can go 4.  Then once she can go that long I'll get her onto the schedule I want.
She is an amazing night sleeper though *knocks on wood*  Not as good as Hailey was, but still amazing.  I put her down between 10 and 11 and she sleep till between 6 and 7, sometimes 5 but not usually.  (Hailey was pretty much 9-9 always).  Once she starts sleeping past 7 I'll start trying to put her down at 9 like Hailey.  But I feel like maybe she's gunna start getting up at the same time just because she's used to it (like the 3 hour thing) and I don't know what I should do if that's the case.
These last couple of days she's also started finding her voice.  She coos every once in a while. I can't wait for that to be more of a thing.  I also can't wait for her to start wanting to follow Hailey everywhere.  Hailey will love that so much.
So it's been an interesting first month.  I can't wait for her to get bigger (and chunkier).  She's already starting to push up and hold her head up.  Excited to have Hailey observe her first milestones with us.
(also excited for 2 more weeks till my 6 week appointment haha)

 
 
~hyuu!

No comments:

Post a Comment