Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Texas

We went to Texas this last week.  I had decided to invite Austin along because it's someplace he's never been and they have tons of birds and stuff he hasn't seen.
I wish I had taken more pictures, but it was HOT and I'm not going to lie, I was a little pissy from it.  That and I didn't really think about it.
We went to the beach several times, but I didn't really go in the water much because it was making me sick a little, and there were quite a few jellyfish, and I didn't feel like getting even a little sting haha.

 
Then one day we went to the aquarium.  The bird show didn't have many birds, but I think that's part because it was so windy.  And, of course, we watched the dolphin show.  I think both Hailey and Austin had a good time.



 
We went and saw some sights.  There is a marine school there that has a little area you can go look at.  And, right across from our hotel, there is the big mermaid that Hailey thought was so cool.


 
Then of course, there are the animals.  I tried to get a picture of this derpy bird that kept hanging around the hotel, but Hailey scared him away.  There were also a couple cats that hung around the hotel...we think that may be why we saw almost no lizards.  We saw some geckos on the glass super late at night, but I didn't have my phone.  We did find a crab and a nasty spider in our stairwell though.  There was a baby crab in our hotel too from some shells we had, but he ended up drowning *sadface*  We didn't know if he was a water or land crab, so we left some water in the sink with a shell he could climb out on, but I guess the shell fell into the water.  Poor little crab.
Then there were the domestic animals......Matt was in love with Sean's bearded dragon.  I had to make sure he didn't try to steal her haha.


 
So yea, I think we all had a pretty good time.  We also had the reunion, of course, and we went mini golfing.  I wish I had gotten pictures from that, but we went at night so we wouldn't boil.
If you care, there are more pictures on my Facebook. (the link should be on my sidebar)
 
 
~hyuu!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment