Saturday, July 6, 2013

Nesting

I've got the nesting bug bad
Seems silly but man do I feel it.  Part of it is because I want baby to come early, so I want to make sure everything is done.  But I also feel like if I get stuff done too early, than I'm jinxing myself or it's just going to get messed up again.
Lately I've been trying to de-junk a little.  Our house looks so crowded.....but in reality we don't really have that much stuff....just as much as any average family.  The difference is we have NO space in this tiny, crappy barn.
I did manage to get rid of two broken printers we've had for a while.  I kept them because Hailey used them as her computer, and also her washing machine.  But when I told her we were getting rid of them she was ok haha.
I also had kept all my old magazines.  I told myself I was going to go back for some recipes and exercise moves in them....but I had SO many and I knew I wouldn't. So I ditched them.
Now I need to decide if my old computer works or not, and if there are any parts in it worth keeping so I can ditch that.  Matt's old computer we are going to wipe clean and give to Austin so he can have a computer.
I also managed to simplify Hailey's toys a little.  I could have gone through them when she was asleep and get rid of whatever I wanted....but I didn't want to do that.  I know she is only 2, but I want to teach her to let go of her junk.  So this morning we emptied her boxes, first stuffed animals, then her toys, and got rid of the ones she didn't play with anymore.  We really didn't get rid of too much, but man did it make the boxes go down, and I feel relieved.  Why am I making a list of everything I've gotten rid of? I don't know....it makes me feel more accomplished I guess.
We finally got the bug man to come.  It won't too much just because of where we live and the crappy status of this barn (holes EVERYWHERE! I hate it).
But hopefully it will put a halt to the ants and baby spiders for a while.  Now I want to wash the walls a little.  And Matt wants to rent a rug doctor for the carpets.  We want to clean the carpets before Hailey's bed arrives so there isn't one more thing in the way.
We are also debating if we should rearrange our upstairs so Hailey isn't sleeping so close to the stairs.  If you've seen my house, you know what I'm talking about.
I know the house won't stay too clean.  With a toddler, only dirt around, holes for spiders and other pests...it's amazing I keep it as clean as I do.  But man I still feel like there is more to do then there is.
Watch out for crazy pregnant woman!
 
 
 
 
 
~hyuu!

1 comment: