Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cleaning Day

Today has been assigned to be another cleaning day.  Austin is going to be staying with us for a while, starting Saturday.  Friday we are going to Knott's Berry Farm, so today is the only day I have to clean even a little bit....which turns out ok seeing as Matt works till about 8 or so.  Down side....it's going to be HOT to clean. 
It's always fun and scary to have my brother stay with me.  It's fun to have him here because we laugh A LOT!  But it's also kind of like being a temporary parent to a teenage...scary.  But I think it's good for him to be away from Mom and Dad (and home) for a while and see what it's like being away.  This coming school year is his LAST YEAR OF HIGHSCHOOL!!! Isn't that scary??  Nothing makes you feel older than the baby of the family graduating.  But I've become an advocate of striving for what you want to do in life while you can because I had so many opportunities slip past me because my vision was blurred with emotional stuff.  My goal is to help him figure out what he wants to do.  I was going to help him make some choices for his senior class list, but they made the classes much sooner than I thought. 
Even though Matt will probably have to work quite a bit, we are going to try to do as much as possible.  I'm sure a lot of home time will be spent mastering video games (probably God of War and Zelda).  But we also want to: go to Disneyland, the beach a couple of times, the "japanese store", and who knows what else!  It'll be fun.  But the scary part is, if we clash, we have no where to seperate too.  Also, money is tighter this time around than it was last year.  And add on a sassy baby who seems to be entering her terrible two's 5 months early haha.
But I love my little brobro and we'll make it work....we always do.  We are a crazy duo!



~hyuu!

No comments:

Post a Comment