Thursday, May 5, 2011

5 months

Today Hailey is 5 months old!  She's almost half a year old...weird.
She can now roll from her back to her belly, and she ALWAYS does it.  Also, she can almost sit up on her own.  If I balance her, she sits up by herself for a while, than flops over.  She needs pretty much no support sitting in my lap (like she is right now, pounding on my desk).   She used to sleep on her back with her arms up.  Now she sleeps usually on her side cuddling with her blankie, or on her belly (which I try to not let her do).  She also is almost never in the same spot I put her in when she wakes up...rolling all over the crib.  Screaming is probably her favorite passtime.  I recently opened these toys that you put in the fridge to make them cool, and she loves to suck on those...until they go warm haha.  To me, she seems long.  A lot of her clothes will fit her arms and legs (or even be big) and the length of them will be pulling.  Slobber is still always running down her face.  I try to keep it wiped up, or she gets a rash on her chin or in her "neck fat".   From what we have observed, she seems to lean more toward the color red....but maybe that's in our heads.  Sonnie gave her some toy keys before she was even born, and she loves them.  They are always in her mouth.  I have to watch her, cause sometimes she'll stick the key in her mouth the long way and she gags herself.  She also seems to have an arm!  Her toys and binky end up pretty far when she throws them.  Oh!  And water...she loves it!  She splashes, smiles, and squeals.  I dipped her in the cold pool and she didn't cry or anything.  But usually when we take her in the water we take her in a lowly heated hot tub over at Aunt Odette's house.  She is one crazy baby and we love her.

Flashback Time!






Love you Hailey bug!
<3


~hyuu!

No comments:

Post a Comment