Thursday, August 26, 2010

Slacking

Man lately I have been slacking.  I haven't worked out at all (not even little walks minus walking to do laundry).  I have been falling behind in cleaning too.  It's just been SO hot!  Clouds have decided to come back around today, but it's been completely clear blue skies all week.  It's pretty...but super hot, expecially up here on this hill.  It's not high enough to be "mountain air cooler", and since hot air rises...*melts*
Matt says he wants to go to the beach this weekend because it's his first Saturday off in five weeks.  I asked if that meant he would work on the yard on Sunday.  I know it's a pain to do, but I tell him, the longer it gets put off the sooner November is going to sneak up on us.  You see....we want new carpet.  In order to get new carpet, we're going to put in a doggie door for Mia.  In order to put in the doggie door, we gotta fence off a part of the backyard.  It makes me nervous, because the fence won't be as high as the one down at his mom's, and she'll still be alone (even though I don't think the other dogs play with her that much anyway), but he assures me she'll be fine.  I guess there's only one way to see.  We're also trying to decide if we want to fork out the money to paint this dump haha.  Because if we do want to, gotta do it before the carpet as well.  And than of course to paint I'd also have to wash the walls, and move everything....which I don't mind because I want to wash the walls anyway, but if we keep putting it off...ya ya you know.

The LA County fair is coming! I'm excited (and praying it won't be as hot as last year)!  We always go on $1 weekend.  It's only a dollar to get in the opening weekend if you go before 1pm.  Even if you can't buy anything, the fair is always fun to explore.  The only thing we'll for sure save money to buy there is some fresh milk that Matt always has to get haha.  As dorky as I am for saying this, I look forward to the Anime booths because they a lot of times have stuff you can only get online or in Japan.  Last year I wanted this Inuyasha pillow, but we were out of money :(  Oh well.

Today at work, Matt got a $100 gift card to Babies R Us!  I was shocked.  I guess one of the doctors there has a Babies R Us credit card which he uses to make business purchases, and the credit rewards are giftcard amounts (I think the gift card thing works for Toys R Us too, and he has 2 kids...which is why he has it I guess...it seemed random to me).  That's over half of the price of the crib we want...lucky! haha

Interesting fact...the other day I was doing my hair with my iTunes going.  Matt was skipping songs to find ones he liked and he stopped it on a soft, just music song that is from one of my Animes.  He even hummed along with it!  I think I've corrupted him :)


~hyuu!

No comments:

Post a Comment