Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Midnight Update

Welcome to October!
It's almost midnight, and I can't sleep...so I thought I'd try to calm my brain down here
 
I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of glad September flew past.  I'm sure I'll regret it when Christmas sneaks up on me! What have you been up to?  We haven't really done much
 
Hailey seems moody lately.  I get the feeling my stresses are leaking onto her, and it makes me feel bad.  But she also is "sensitive".  She cries really easy and get her 'heart broken' real easy.
She's getting better at her letters.  Most words if you spell it for her she can write it.  She just can't read them yet.

 
Brooklyn is making much more sense these days.  Most of what she says is parroting Hailey.  She still wakes up every night and fusses.  I'm not sure what's up with it.  One night she woke screaming and scared the crap out of all of us.  She also fell and made a small chip in one of her teeth.  It's super tiny so it's not a big thing, just kind of sad haha.
I can't believe how big she's getting.  She's still kind of small and Hailey's old clothes fit her loosely, but the other day I put her in a dress (that was a tad too big) that Hailey wore when she came to see me in the hospital right after having Brook.  It was kind of trippy.
She's still her little mischievous self running around like a crazy person!
 
 
Mathew is soon finishing up his training.  He'll soon be an official Petco Groomer, though I don't think he loves it.  He likes it, don't get me wrong.  But I think he'd be happier doing something different.  We'll just have to see how things go I guess.  He has been working quite a bit harder, so he's tired a lot.  It's not the easiest job for someone with a broken back.
And yes, he is still growing that beard of his.  I've had people ask me "why don't you make him shave it?"  Well one, it's his face.  It's not like he's tattooing his forehead.  Two, he's wanted a beard for so long.  It's not the thickest or most tamed beard out there, but he loves it and I'd never pressure him into shaving.
 
As for me.  I'm ok I guess.  I have my own set of issues that I have to work though.  Stuff that I really can't go into in this post because not only is it complicated, but I KNOW I would end up rambling and making it a million more miles long.  Let's just say stress is not my friend right now.
After going a week and a half without any kind of phone, I am finally connected with the world again!  Too be honest though, I didn't really miss it.  The biggest pain was not being able to contact people who don't normally use Facebook or check email.  But once I got over the feeling of nakedness of not having it attached to me I was fine.  As a matter of fact, it's a little weird having to remember I have one now.
I stopped taking all my vitamins after my multi-vitamins ran out.  Why?  Because I've read and seen so much conflicting stuff on if they are actually good for you or are hurting you more. So, per the norm, I couldn't make up my mind.
 
So, we're doing ok.  We have things we're working on and changes we're planning to make soon (hopefully for the better). It's been...I wouldn't say rough....interesting couple of months, but hopefully the tides will turn in our favor soon.
We're going to go try to snag the girls Halloween costumes tomorrow before they're gone.  Hailey's size is already gone online...so wish us luck!
 
 
 
~hyuu

 

No comments:

Post a Comment