Friday, June 19, 2015

Comfort Zones

Hello
How have you been?
 
The other day I overcame some of my very silly comfort zone limits.
 
I've been trying to go on walks to build up to running.  Now, this is not always an easy feat where I live.  I have to drive to the bottom of the hill and get the kids going....anyway some days it's just not worth it.  Well I got us all ready to go and the temperature spiked and there was some city work blocking our road.  Hailey was disheartened that I said we'd have to go home.
Then the idea to go to the mall hit me.  Now, our mall isn't far, but isn't close either.  I've only driven there myself once, and I've never gone alone...let alone with two kids.  Besides we didn't have any gas in the car and I've also never pumped gas alone before. I know this sounds silly to a lot of you, but I've never HAD to do it myself, so why would I?  I'm a very dependent person and that is why these small feats are big for me.
I called Matt up on the phone and told him the situation.  He told me it would be fine and I should go.  Call him when I get to the gas station and he'd walk me through it.  So I did.
Then I proceeded to drive to the mall, fearing that I had gotten lost at first. 
We found our way to the mall, parked and went inside.
And, wouldn't ya know, I survived!
There was a couple times where Brook was testing my patience, but hey, she's one.
 
So, even though these may seem like nothing to you, they are small victories for me.
 
I do think that my vitamins have helped a little.  I don't feel quite as on edge all the time.  I have been getting up around the same time every morning, but I need to work better at it.
Exercise is also a work in progress.  I'm hoping to start the couch to 5k journey soon.
Diet....that is definitely my weak point.
Slowly but surely I march forward
 
 
 
~hyuu

No comments:

Post a Comment