Saturday, May 17, 2014

Viz Media Licenses Sailor Moon Franchise

 
Viz Media has gained Licenses for Sailor Moon.
I am so excited!  Why?  What does this mean?
Well, if you ever watched the old Dubbed Sailor Moon you know they were.....not very good.
Not only did they changed the names, the episodes were heavily edited.  Some episodes were never aired in the US at all.  They didn't even touch Sailor Moon Stars, the final season in the franchise.
Not only will the (probably) be re-dubbed, but they will be released with Subs as well.  Now, for me personally, this is the biggest part.  I prefer to watch my anime with the original Japanese audio, and read the subtitles.  In Japan, they released HD DVD sets for the Sailor Moon anniversary, but they never came to the US (as far as I've been informed).
Hulu is also going to stream the original 200 episodes. 
Viz will also have the License for Sailor Moon Crystal.
Crystal will start in July and air two times a month for the next year for a total of 26 episodes.
 
For me, I am SO excited for this.  I have loved Sailor Moon for as long as I can remember.  It will always be my all time favorite.
Looking forward to all this is going to bring!
 
 
~Hyuu!

 
 
 
 
 
 
Check out my YouTube video on this subject:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment