Thursday, May 23, 2013

Philip Defranco and Sourcefed

Matt and I got the awesome opportunity to go to a live Table Talk for Sourcefed.  It was amazing!
I'll be honest, I was terrified to go because I felt like I'd stick out like a sore thumb having this huge belly.  I half heartedly tried to talk Matt out of going, but I knew that I wanted to go to, I just wished that it had happened months before or after.
I was a little nervous about going also because of seeing/meeting people that I watch on YouTube everyday.  But when we got there I realized that it wasn't as bad as I had thought.  When I saw them sitting up there they looked exactly the same as watching through my computer.  It made me happy because it makes YouTube just feel more real.
There were less people there then I thought would be there, so I felt even more out of place.  Whether the other guests really noticed us or not I don't know because we sat in the back....a result of showing up later.  Bad part about sitting in the back, I had a hard time hearing things.
After an amazing show, we all got to meet them.  Matt really wanted to meet Phil, but I was stupid and decided to stay back because of my belly (stupid thoughts I know, I know).  I felt like it would be an awkward moment maker.  Once Matt finally got up there, I did end up talking and hugging him because I ended up taking the picture for Matt.
After introducing myself, which for some reason is always awkward for me no matter who it is, mainly because I hate saying my name (don't know why), I was fine.  I didn't really feel too awkward.
The worst part was that you knew there were people behind you watching you chat and waiting for their turn, so you get nervous and end up acting more like an idiot than you would have normally.  Feeling my back burning from the eyes of the other fans, I felt like we had to hurry, so I probably came across and afraid or something.  I remember doing the same thing at Disneyland with the princesses.  I'd love for Hailey to be able to talk to them more, but when there is an hour line out in the heat, you feel like you have to rush.
All in all, I'm glad we went.  I love Philip DeFranco and the whole Sourcefed crew.  They are amazing!
If I could do it again, I would be more bold.  Hopefully we'll get the chance to redeem ourselves one day.  If I could work at Defranco Inc., I would in a heartbeat.  Hell, if I knew anything about video editing or writing I'd go apply to be an intern right now.
So hey Sourcefed, if you ever need a nerdy mom's point of view, I'm here (haha)
Love you guys!!
 


 
 
 
 
 
~hyuu!

No comments:

Post a Comment