Thursday, April 11, 2013

Five Years Ago

Five years ago today I married my best friend.
Sometimes it's hard to believe that it all started from a computer game.  And it was so well timed for me personally.
If you know me you know I struggled in high school.  I still struggle with bipolar but I'm pretty good at managing it myself now.  I had just had a hard time with some friends and seemed to have lost them all and was very alone.
Then sitting in Ironforge one day I decided to go in an instance we call UBRS.  It was the most random group....still to this one day of the best groups I've ever been in.
We had tons of laughs, including a lot from a lady who said "I'm a lesbian and I'm Canadian...who wans to make fun of me first"
Then we got "ninja'd"  and that kind of brought us together more.  We had to pull in more people...which were people that Matt knew from his guild, which he immediately tried to get me to join since I was almost 60 and guildless.
I did eventually join and it was awesome.  We had lots of fun.  I flirted with him even knowing it would never work because he lived states away and who knows who he really was.  But I remember feeling bummed when I asked him if he had a crush on anyone and he mentioned some girl from school.
I'm still not 100% sure how we "got together" but we spent all our in game time together and he eventually gave me his phone number and we started texting.  The first time we talked on the phone was at my family Christmas party where I disappeared into an empty room for the whole thing to talk to him.  That is also the first time he told me he loved me (in text...how lame haha)
He went out and bought a webcam and downloaded my messenger so we could video chat (and he could prove he wasn't a 40 year old man)
I talked to him on the phone and webcamed so I knew I was looking at the right person.
Soon after we wanted to meet in person.  After begging my mom she decided to let me go....with supervision of course.  I think she figured it was better to let me go on her terms then me run away like that crazy girl on the news did (though I would be waaaay to chicken to do that).
He sent us a copy of his drivers license and we talked to his mom on the phone to make Mom feel as comfortable as possible.
I still remember meeting him the first time.  The awkwardness....the movie....the kiss.
The rest is pretty much history.  He moved to me when he graduated, and then when I graduated we moved here.  Now we have a beautiful, sassy little girl, and another on the way.  Don't forget our sassy blue eyed doggy!
I don't think people realize how much he saved me emotionally.  I was a wreck....but that's a story for another time.
I love you Mathew Rioux
<3 p="">
 
 







 
 
 
 
 
~hyuu!

2 comments:

  1. I remember how different you changed after you met him, it was day and night and I was so happy for you! You are so amazing Vickie and even thought we don't live close, I am so happy you are my friend and that we met. Hi vickie itsits Alyssa, I mis you. remember that postcard? Lol. Anyway, I'm so happy you're living an amazing life with a beautiful baby girl and another on the way, you're very inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic with all 3 of you sticking out your tongues....too cute. Love and miss you all.

    ReplyDelete