Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fire in my backyard

Mushi Mushi!
Yesterday at around 5, I get a call from Matt telling me to listen to the news about a fire behind the house. I was like what? So I go look outside and there is a big puff of orangy, brownish, peachy colored smoke haha.




It didn't really go anywhere, since there wasn't any wind. I could see the airplanes and helicopters way close, and there were a ton of birds just circling the area.

At about 4:30 this morning, I woke up to pee, and downstairs it smelled like Dad's fireplace haha. I tried to look outside...it looked like the morning fog only it wasn't fog. By time Matt had to get up for work and I took the trash out, the smell was upstairs too and when you went outside you could see the smoke all around and it kind of burned my eyes. Matt said there was ash on the car as well. But by about ten, the smoky smell and the smoke itself seemed gone and the smoke looked pretty spred out in the sky. Now the smoke it back in the same spot as yesterday, only more spready out across the mountain ridge. I missed all the news on it as well. I did hear that the weather might make it worse (dunno how exaclty) and that we are in a red fire hazard warning till Friday. I can still hear airplanes, but I don't know where the fire is exactly.

That "circle" is my best guess where our house is. That was in this morning's paper. Should be kind of interesting on how it goes haha.

~Hyuu

1 comment:

  1. I love how you say haha after every sentence. From that map it doesn't look like the fire is threatening you guys. But hopefully the fire marshall will get to you to evacuate before the fire does. I would freak out if I woke up to smoke aroung my house.

    ReplyDelete