Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sailor Moon Crystal First Impressions

Sailor Moon Crystal episode 1 just went live!
I had to watch it ASAP (which was a little behind because my family is in town).
I really did like it, and it seemed much closer to the manga.
Her sailor outfit was defiantly more accurate, same with her attack....and man oh man I cannot wait until they start selling those toys!
Like I had stated before, I'm not really a fan of the way it is animated though.  It almost looks sloppy.  Her hair goes super crazy and her lips always look like they have lipstick on.  In most anime (not all, I know) girls who had lipstick on were either older, trying to be older, or in some profession.
I also dislike her transformation sequence quite a bit.  Not only does it make her hands and feet look huge, but it's all computer animated.  To me, it just doesn't fit.  It looks like two different shows spliced together.  I understand that they are probably trying to be up with the times and want it to look amazing, especially since they have to compete with the original.  I just, personally, with they hadn't gone computer.
But, like I said, it looks like the story will indeed be closer to the manga, without all the filler. 
From the beginning, it looks like Mamoru will indeed be a high school student this time around.  And I, indeed, did fangirl....a lot
So I did really like it, just not perfect.....but what is?
Go check it out!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment